Thursday, 14 January 2010

So, we are mid January already..how many of us have relinquished our New Years Resolutions?

The trick is - I think - to choose positive resolutions. So not so much about loosing weight and spending less which all have connotations of denial and more about making positive choices.

For example this years is my year of eating healthier meals and moving my body more. As I've not specified that I will only eat healthy and exercise every other day it's been pretty easy to feel as though I have been successful. In fact by walking to work instead of taking the bus and just trying to make consciously healthy choices (and I've even had a couple of bottles of wine, leftover christmas chocolates and a takeaway) I've managed to lose 6 pounds since New Years Day.

Another weight-loss (let's keep it positive and say Slenderising) technique is a visualisation. I've come across this in several self help books but most recently in Cosmic Ordering for Beginners which was suprisingly not New Age at all and packed with scientific research to back the basic principles.

Tips for Creating a Slenderising Visualisation

  • It is important - in order for your subconscious to accept the changes - not to present any images negatively.
  • Try and visualise when you are most relaxed so as you are dropping off to sleep at night and when you first wake up are good times, as it is in these periods our subconscious is at its most responsive.
  • I visualise lots of tiny men - like Bob the Builder and I imagine myself briefing them that they need to go into my body and tell my fat cells 'thank you for keeping me nice and warm but they you longer needed and need to leave now.' Then I imagine hundreds of the these men filtering out my body and pulling fat cells away like miners, placing them in a wheel barrow and taking them away. You don't have to do this exact version, whatever works for you but the idea is that you use your imagination to tell your subconscious what you want by using images.






www.kindredgifts.co.uk
http://shop.kindredgifts.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment