
What a lovely day we had on New Years Day. I was very proud of myself to have done several things on my new lifestyle list. We spent it with some friends in Mirfield, a typical Yorkshire small town surrounded in fields and extremely hilly.
We started eating local produce by Sausages from award winning Mirfield Buther I only know as Shaun. Very good and followed by a brisk winters walk by the canal, there is a very quaint and cosy canal boat mooring area we passed by with the steam coming from the chimneys against the snow. We stopped at a pub called the Navigation on the canal which is known for its Beer Festival - there is one at the last weekend in Jan. Then home to Jacket potatos.
This morning it has been snowing thick like handfuls of candy floss and it has settled now. Its been a bad winter for snow, although still pretty magical having a white christmas, I'm growing weary of it taking three times as long to get to the shop to buy milk due to the olympic ice dodging on the paths.
We started eating local produce by Sausages from award winning Mirfield Buther I only know as Shaun. Very good and followed by a brisk winters walk by the canal, there is a very quaint and cosy canal boat mooring area we passed by with the steam coming from the chimneys against the snow. We stopped at a pub called the Navigation on the canal which is known for its Beer Festival - there is one at the last weekend in Jan. Then home to Jacket potatos.
This morning it has been snowing thick like handfuls of candy floss and it has settled now. Its been a bad winter for snow, although still pretty magical having a white christmas, I'm growing weary of it taking three times as long to get to the shop to buy milk due to the olympic ice dodging on the paths.
Felt a apprehensive last night, as if the task of opening a shop is larger than me. Still I will move forward with small, manageable steps and that should shrug it off. Perhaps it is because of the New Year I am putting pressure on myself. If you don't already know about it can I suggest a little website called read it, swap it its a great site where you can swap books you have read with other people for free, except of course the price of postage. I've just swapped a ew old novels for Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, and the old classic,'Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway' so Iwill let you know my findings and a bit of a review when I get them through.

No comments:
Post a Comment