Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Be careful what you wish for

Recently I've made a futures board, basically a draw and cut and paste of all current goals in bright colours, in a positive way. In mine I have an illustration of my dream home, car, a slender happy me, a picture of south east asia - where I have always wanted to go and a host of phrases and little gestures such as imagining loads of cheques zooming towards me.

This practice sits nicely with a lot of alternative therapy. In Feng Shui it is a concrete symbol of your desires. I place mine in the north east corner of my home knowledge and self development but place yours in which ever area sits most well with your desires e.g relationships, career etc. For cosmic ordering and other philosophies including those such as NLP and hypnosis it works as it is a constant trigger to your subconscious about what you want, so your brain is on constant look out for the types of opportunities that can lead to your dreams.

One thing to be wary of is that I've found in the many years of using symbolic images to bring about change, you really must be careful what you wish for as the world has a habit of taking these things literally. For example I absentmindly drew a picture of myself in the middle and then prompty started arguing with my boyfriend - I had begun to manifest a life of being alone. Another interesting on is that I am registered self employed under Kindred Gifts, the cheques of money coming towards me (that I had intended to represent the shop doing well) also took a literal turn where I came across several opportunities for freelance work which had nothing to do with the shop, but likely a cheque would bear its name as my registered trading name!

Part of the fun - and frustration - of Feng Shui is the sheer amount of fine tuning that needs to be done around this as it really isn't an easy cure and much more about learning what physical images and object best present and bring about the changes which are right for you. And on another note, before you go wishing away be prepared for the changes, they may happen sooner than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment